As a travel nurse working in healthcare, you have unique responsibilities and make unique demands of your mobile technology equipment. From your tablet or laptop computer to your phone or mobile printer, you need a rugged device to keep up with your strenuous environment. If you’re a travel nurse, there are several reasons why rugged technology is critical for everyday on-the-job responsibilities. Using a rugged healthcare tablet is the best way to ensure your needs are met every day that you use your device.
- Your mobile laptop or tablet needs to be easy to clean. As a travel nurse, you can end up in a variety of locations. You don’t know whether the homes you’re in are clean or what you’ll be exposed to while you’re there, or what will end up on your equipment. With rugged technology, you can be rest assured it will be easy to clean your rugged device with alcohol or other tough cleaning chemicals. Not only are rugged healthcare devices made from antimicrobial technology which will prevent bacteria and viruses from reproducing across their surfaces, they’re easy to wipe down and clean. This means no matter what kind of mess you encounter, you can simply clean your tablet and keep moving without any worry or concern of damaging the device especially after months or years of cleaning.
- Ergonomics are critical. As a travel nurse, you find yourself in a variety of uncomfortable positions. You need to be able to kneel down on the floor, support your patient, and often juggle other items in one hand while holding your tablet in the other. You need a balanced device with a handle or accessory specifically designed with ergonomics in mind, making it easier for you to use your device no matter what you’re doing with your patient. Many rugged tablets have easy to support hand straps and shoulder straps for ease of use.
- You need a device with drop protection. If you have a choice between a patient who is tipping dangerously toward the floor and your tablet, the choice is clear: you’re going to drop your tablet to catch your patient. Unfortunately, that can make for unfortunate accidents, as can kids, pets, and other individuals in the house while you’re caring for your patient. Drop protection will help protect your tablet from those types of accidents and ensure that you won’t have to replace your equipment if dropped.
- Vibration protection will keep your tablet running longer. Drop protection is great, and it’s a vital part of your needs. Vibration protection, however, is equally critical. As a travel nurse, you spend a large percentage of your day in your vehicle. This can spell mechanical disaster for your tablet over time as connections vibrate loose in the car. With a rugged tablet, on the other hand, those vibrations won’t bother your machine at all, it will hold up much better to your everyday travel requirements. Rugged tablets have many options for vehicle mounts which make the entry of information simple and easy while in and out of a vehicle.
- You need increased connectivity you can count on. You need access to your medical database and important patient information constantly, and you can’t count on a WiFi connection in your patients’ homes to provide it. With increased connectivity on your rugged healthcare tablet, on the other hand, you can have peace of mind that no matter what patient you’re working with, you’ll be able to easily access vital information about them. That means you won’t find yourself struggling to find the right information for your patient’s care at a critical moment.
Whether you’re a traveling nurse looking to upgrade your own mobile computer or a provider who is hoping to purchase rugged equipment for the entire staff of traveling nurses in your practice, it’s important to choose the right equipment for their daily needs to increase efficiency and effectiveness of patient care. If you’re ready to save money and make it easier to use healthcare tablets in the field, contact one of Group Mobile’s trusted technology advisers today. We’ll work with you to find the perfect device or devices to match your exact user requirements at a price you can afford.