The new Getac MX50 wearable tablet is the first rugged tactical tablet carefully crafted to meet strict government guidelines for combat ready military forces including dismounted warfighters, elite enforcement agencies, and Special Forces military units. Getac designed the MX50 wearable tablet based on feedback from Special Forces and tactical operators in need of a small and lightweight, battle-ready tablet solution built to exact tactical specifications to eliminate the currently deployed consumer-grade technology lacking rugged design and system security.
The Getac MX50 runs Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, making it easy to build a custom application or use one of the top operating utilities available on the market. The Getac MX50 tablet is powered by an Intel® Atom™ x5 Processor with a base frequency of 1.44GHz and burst speed up to 1.92GHz for optimal energy efficiency. It has a quad-core chip as well as Intel® HD graphics, so it can perform well, even with the most challenging graphic applications. The MX50 offers 2GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of eMMC storage, that can be complemented via microSD card. It has a 15.5 watt-hour pack. If more battery power is needed, Getac offers an optional SnapBack Battery.
The Getac MX50 is designed to integrate with the other elements of the soldier system, including tactical hubs and power management systems like the Black Diamond Advanced Technology APEx — if the MX50 is needed to operate independently for extended periods then the SnapBack battery can be attached to increase operating time.
The MX50 tactical tablet delivers defense personnel high processing speeds and low power consumption to quickly view, manipulate and receive or send data, access battlefield applications, disseminate blue and red forces tracking, fire control orders, and mission command information.
Key Features on the Getac MX50 tactical tablet include:
- SoC Intel Atom Z8340 Quad Core Processor
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch Screen with Rain, Stylus and Glove-Touch Modes
- 2GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of eMMC storage
- Front Camera: 2MP Fixed Focus; Rear Camera: 8MP Autofocus
- Dedicated GPS With Built-in Antenna (GPS+GLNSS)
- Front Camera: 2 MP Fixed Focus; Rear Camera: 8 MP Autofocus
- GlenAir 6 Pin (Plug with Pins) With Cable, or AB or ODU 20-Pin Connector (Plug With Pins), MicroSD slot, MicroUSB OTG, 3.5 mm Earphone Jack
- IP67 (1 m Waterproof)/MIL-STD 810G (5’ Drops)/MIL-STD 461G Compliant/Operating Temperature Range of -5.8° F to 140° F
The Getac MX50 rugged tactical tablet meets strict government guidelines for capturing and protecting classified data in the field. The MX50 meets the Common Criteria ISO/IEC 15408 computer security certification, and the NSA’s Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) guidelines (certification pending) and Data-at-Rest (DAR) requirements, enabling commercial devices to be integrated into layered solutions to protect classified national security systems information.
To learn more, contact one of Group Mobile’s rugged technology experts.