What is mobile device management? Mobile device management is the organizational area dealing with deploying, securing, monitoring, integrating and managing mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops, in the workplace. Tablets, and smartphones are arguably less secure than desktop computers and laptops often because they lack pre-installed malware protection. Mobile device management for enterprise is an evolving organizational trend that deals with the business as well as technological aspects of the rising trend of mobile and handheld device usage in routine business operations. You might be wondering how Group Mobile can help — First off, those sleepless nights worrying about data safety will be over for good! Don’t leave your corporate data vulnerable to thieves, we will help prevent this from occurring with our iCare™ Mobile Device Management Service.
Whether you have employees out in the field, in a warehouse, or working remotely from home, they are likely connected with mobile devices. As you assign more employees mobile devices, it is important to focus on mobile device management. There are various benefits to these services, and it will allow you to have greater control over the IT aspect of your operations.
iCare Mobile Device Management
- Tracking – Using the MDM software, Group Mobile will track the unit throughout its useful life. In cases where a unit is reported lost or stolen, it can be tracked and located.
- Remote Software Management – Update your software remotely. Updates can be distributed to the entire list of devices, or be segmented by device type, location, work-group, or serial number.
- Battery Management – Manage battery capacity remotely on every device to enable quick replacement when capacity falls below an acceptable level.
- Remote Control – Have a problem or issue with a mobile device? We can remotely login to your device for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Historical Data Collection – The MDM software logs activity as the device is used. The data log can be accessed for analysis that may require additional training or software updates.
- Multiple OS Support – MDM services are available on Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
It’s important to stay as organized as possible, especially when you have a large number of mobile devices deployed across your operations. Various mobile device management services will allow you to stay organized in different ways, including:
- Tracking devices
- Managing battery life
- Remote management of software
- Remote assistance
- Historical data collection
It’s impractical for you to ask employees with mobile devices to provide you with information on the device. Additionally, it’s only going to set you back if you have to process everything manually regarding dozens of mobile devices. Through the use of mobile device management software, you will be able to maintain communications with the device as well as the back office server. With the iCare™ Mobile Device Management Software each device is loaded with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) client prior to shipping. The client software is initialized and tested to ensure communications to the back-office server. The server component can reside at the customers site or be hosted by Group Mobile for an additional fee.
A significant amount of money can be saved when you deploy mobile device management services as well. Your users may need assistance from time to time. You will be able to gain control of a mobile device remotely. This will allow you to resolve problems and troubleshoot to get your employee back to where they need to be.
Mobile device management services are customized to the individual needs of your business. Depending upon the number of employees you have, the number of mobile devices, and how often upgrades are made, the services may be more complex. You will be able to get the assistance you need so that you can focus more on your business and less on threats and security.
To learn more about mobile device management services, contact the Group Mobile iCare services team.